(Updated at 1:20 p.m. Jan. 11) NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Water pressure was restored early Friday afternoon following three water main breaks Friday morning, two in New Rochelle and one in Eastchester, a United Water company spokesman said.
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – United Water reported that there were three water main breaks in New Rochelle Friday morning.
Customers in New Rochelle and Eastchester may experience low water pressure or discolored water, the water company said.
The breaks were reported at the intersection of Webster and Rose Hill avenues and on Cedar Street in New Rochelle and at the intersection of New Rochelle Avenue and Alta Drive in Eastchester.
Emergency crews were on the scene water was shut off. Work was expected to continue until the end of the day.
Con Edison was also on scene as a precautionary measure because of gas lines. Some water went into a couple of homes.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison