(Updated at 1:20 p.m. Jan. 11) NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Water pressure was restored early Friday afternoon following three water main breaks Friday morning, two in New Rochelle and one in Eastchester, a United Water company spokesman said.
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – United Water reported that there were three water main breaks in New Rochelle Friday morning.
Customers in New Rochelle and Eastchester may experience low water pressure or discolored water, the water company said.
The breaks were reported at the intersection of Webster and Rose Hill avenues and on Cedar Street in New Rochelle and at the intersection of New Rochelle Avenue and Alta Drive in Eastchester.
Emergency crews were on the scene water was shut off. Work was expected to continue until the end of the day.
Con Edison was also on scene as a precautionary measure because of gas lines. Some water went into a couple of homes.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Rochelle