NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — The New Rochelle Daily Voice will head into the New Year by counting down, in no particular order, the top 10 headlines from 2012.
A New Rochelle Police Officer was arraigned Sept. 11 on charges that he engaged in sexually explicit online chats with an investigator posing as a 15-year-old girl.
Matthew Melillo, 31, was charged with attempted dissemination of indecent material to a minor, a felony. Melillo engaged in a series of Internet “chats” with an undercover investigator between Aug. 3 and Aug. 29, according to the district attorney's office.
The undercover investigator made it clear that “she” was a 15-year-old girl, the district’s attorney office said. Melillo discussed specific sexual acts he would have with the "girl" during the chats, according to the district attorney's office.
The police officer also sent a video he claimed to be of himself in a sexual situation while he was “chatting” with the investigator, the district attorney's office said.
The two-year New Rochelle police officer was suspended from the department pending an investigation, and faces a maximum sentence of four years in prison if convicted.
Melillo is due in Westchester County court Jan. 29, 2013 for a conference with Judge Susan Cacace.
- 1 New Rochelle Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In New Rochelle
- 3 Port Chester Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Empire City Casino Jackpot
- 4 Several Accidents Reported On Slick Westchester Roadways
- 5 Below Normal Temps Predicted For March In New Rochelle