NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- Members of the New Rochelle School District are teaming up with police officials after a threatening letter was mailed to a parent with a handwritten return address that matches one of the schools.
- A machete-wielding man was apprehended in New Rochelle on Monday morning after causing a ruckus outside of his Lafayette Avenue apartment.
- Iona College in New Rochelle recently announced that Cardinal Timothy Dolan will be the keynote speaker for the 2014 undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies to be held at The Theatre at Madison Square Garden.
- Some of New Rochelle’s Finest were honored for their commitment to the city as police and elected officials came together in observance of Police Memorial Week.
- Larchmont clinical psychologist Dr. Elissa Brown and New Rochelle teacher Marty White have been selected as two of six finalists in Johnson & Johnson’s U.S. Champions of Care program with the grand prize winner to attend the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil final match in Rio de Janeiro on July 13.
- The Metro-North New Haven Line experienced delays all week after a fire destroyed a remote switching control house outside Cos Cob, Conn.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents