NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Some of the tristate area’s finest athletes and celebrities are set to show off some of their finest softball skills, as the third annual WFAN All-Stars Celebrity Softball Game returns to New Rochelle.
New Rochelle’s Craig Carton, best known for the morning radio show he co-hosts with former New York Jet Boomer Esiason, will once again lace up and take the field as he coaches his team of all-star against a New Rochelle team led by College of New Rochelle Athletic Director Harold Crocker.
At the inaugural event, New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson – who was classmates with Carton from kindergarten through high school - presented the co-hosts with the key to the city. Past softball games have included sports stars ranging from Yankee greats Bernie Williams and Ron Bloomberg to NBA players Wally Sczerbiak and Anthony Mason.
Warm-ups for the third annual WFAN All-Stars Celebrity Softball Game will begin at 5:30 with first pitch of the slow pitch softball game scheduled for 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at the Flowers Park athletic complex. There will be free admission. There will be a food and drink court hosted by Beechmont Tavern.
There will be event merchandise and a 50-50 raffle, with proceeds benefitting the New Rochelle Parks and Recreation Gift fund, and will be earmarked for the planned athletic complex at Flowers Park.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 4 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations