NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Hurricane Sandy caused flooding and power outages throughout New Rochelle, but local pest control agencies said calls to remove pests from homes along the Sound have been normal.
Many rats and wild mice live near abundant food sources like lakes and rivers, according to Critter Control of the Hudson Valley, but pest control companies such as Guaranty Pest Control, which serves New Rochelle, said it did not see a big problem with rodents after the storm.
Scott Irwin, Guaranty sales team leader, said that could be due to Sandy’s small impact on New Rochelle.
“The storm did not have a big impact on the area,” he said.
Irwin also said other pest control companies may have already taken care of New Rochelle residents’ pest problems, or residents took care of it themselves, or they may not have had a problem at all.
“It can be wide range of different selections,” he said.
New Rochelle’s SJP Pest Management also said it was not affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Contractor Chosen For New Rochelle Rowing Club Demolition
- 4 New Rochelle Native Honors Mom At Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk
- 5 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20