NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Hurricane Sandy caused flooding and power outages throughout New Rochelle, but local pest control agencies said calls to remove pests from homes along the Sound have been normal.
Many rats and wild mice live near abundant food sources like lakes and rivers, according to Critter Control of the Hudson Valley, but pest control companies such as Guaranty Pest Control, which serves New Rochelle, said it did not see a big problem with rodents after the storm.
Scott Irwin, Guaranty sales team leader, said that could be due to Sandy’s small impact on New Rochelle.
“The storm did not have a big impact on the area,” he said.
Irwin also said other pest control companies may have already taken care of New Rochelle residents’ pest problems, or residents took care of it themselves, or they may not have had a problem at all.
“It can be wide range of different selections,” he said.
New Rochelle’s SJP Pest Management also said it was not affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Rochelle