NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice will not go to trial after being charged with knocking his fiancee -- now wife -- unconscious, according to the Baltimore Sun. He publicly apologized for the incident on Friday.
- Authorities are searching for a suspect wanted in connection with a stabbing on North Avenue on Sunday , May 18, according to News 12 Westchester.
- New Rochelle voters came out in droves on Tuesday, as the city school district’s $245 million budget easily passed by more than 1,000 votes.
- A 5-year-old boy is recovering at Westchester Medical Center Thursday after falling out of a first-floor window .
- The Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle will honor the memory of Janifer Lighten during an awards ceremony and luncheon on Saturday, May 31.
- Iona College in New Rochelle recently named Mark Kiselica the new provost and senior vice president for academic affairs.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.