NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice will not go to trial after being charged with knocking his fiancee -- now wife -- unconscious, according to the Baltimore Sun. He publicly apologized for the incident on Friday.
- Authorities are searching for a suspect wanted in connection with a stabbing on North Avenue on Sunday , May 18, according to News 12 Westchester.
- New Rochelle voters came out in droves on Tuesday, as the city school district’s $245 million budget easily passed by more than 1,000 votes.
- A 5-year-old boy is recovering at Westchester Medical Center Thursday after falling out of a first-floor window .
- The Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle will honor the memory of Janifer Lighten during an awards ceremony and luncheon on Saturday, May 31.
- Iona College in New Rochelle recently named Mark Kiselica the new provost and senior vice president for academic affairs.