NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The windy snow and sleet that swept through Westchester Wednesday evening left several dozen Con Edison customers in New Rochelle without power.
As of 6 a.m. Thursday, ConEd reported that 108 of its 28,258 New Rochelle customers had lost power. The utility estimated that all power would be restored Thursday morning.
The storm was predicted to continue throughout the day, with wind gusts up to 30 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Another storm is predicted for Saturday, but is expected to be just snow, with calm winds.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 New Rochelle Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms