NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- New Rochelle High School Students, teachers and staff were evacuated Monday morning after a bomb threat was made to the school but declared safe following the search.
- Westchester County Police charged a teacher Meaghan White, 34, with rape in connection with two sexual encounters she had with a 16-year-old boy at a county park in Mount Vernon.
- The train that derailed Sunday morning in the Bronx was traveling at 82 miles per hour when it went over a curve, National Transportation Safety Board member Earl Weener said at a press conference Monday afternoon at the Hampton Inn in Yonkers.
- A Texas man is under arrest after he was accused of fleeing Westchester County Police on the Hutchinson River Parkway in New Rochelle during an attempted traffic stop.
- Sean Oliver, director of the Junior Huguenots basketball program, encouraged his boys to participate in community service through running clothing drives and helping the community, as he wants them to learn about more than sports.