This story has been updated
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New Castle police issued an alert Monday for a 15-year-old boy who has gone missing.
The teen, who is missing from Carriage Hill Road, was last seen on Inningwood Road at 9:30 a.m. and walking towards Pinesbridge Road, according to New Castle police.
The area is located in the West End of town.
The boy has been identified as Gregory McCarthy, a student in the Ossining School District.
Ossining Superintendent Raymond Sanchez identified McCarthy in a community email that included his physical description and a photo.
"We have been informed by the Police that an Ossining student Gregory McCarthy is missing. It appears that he left his home earlier today and has not returned at this time," Sanchez wrote in the email.
He also urged people to contact New Castle Police if they have information.
The Village of Ossining's police department, which sent out its own alert, stated that he is autistic.
The boy, according to a New Castle police description, is 5-foot-8 tall, weighs 160 pounds, and is wearing a blue V-neck shirt that has a horizontal stripe, along with sweatpants.
Anyone with information should call police at 914-238-4423.
This story was posted on June 30, 2014 and has been updated.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire