NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- A high speed chase through New Rochelle, ended in a fatal car crash on Monday morning as Police were responding to a domestic violence call.
- An altercation at the varsity boy’s soccer game between White Plains and host New Rochelle resulted in a broken jaw for Tigers’ junior Ozzie Escobedo, according to The Journal News.
- Scarsdale 'Pot Mom' Andrea Sanderlin pleaded guilty to federal charges Monday, admitting she grew at least 1,000 marijuana plants and sold the drug, the Daily News reported.
- New Rochelle Council sponsored ArtsFest was the site for artists and admirers last weekend as the event took over in the city.
- As the government shutdown enters its second week with no end in sight, Westchester residents are growing increasingly frustrated over the stalemate.