UPDATE 4:40PM More than 4,000 Con Edison customers in New Rochelle remained without power Monday afternoon according to the Con Edison outage map.
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Nearly 4,500 Con Edison customers remained without power in New Rochelle Monday morning, a week after Hurricane Sandy brought strong winds, rain and flooding to the area.
An estimated 4,463 out of 28,958 Con Edison customers were without power in New Rochelle at 5:30 a.m. Monday, down from 6,521 Sunday morning.
The utility company reports an estimated 69,293 out of 348,198 Con Edison customers in Westchester were without power at 5:30 a.m. Monday, down from 88,060 Sunday morning.
"The men and women of Con Edison, along with thousands of utility workers from around the country, are working with determination and professionalism to put our customers back in service," said Craig Ivey, president of Con Edison in a press release. "We are running an aggressive, coordinated restoration campaign in response to the worst storm ever to hit New York. We will continue working around the clock until every home and business owner whose equipment was not damaged by the storm has power."
- 1 Man Shot Twice In New Rochelle Is In Serious Condition
- 2 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 3 New Rochelle's Ray Rice Will Claim Elevator Tape Was Altered
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway