WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- In anticipation of ArtsWestchester's 50th anniversary celebration next year, the county’s arts advocacy organization is seeking nominations for its “50 for 50” awards, in which 50 outstanding creative artists in Westchester County will be honored for their talent.
“The ‘50 for 50’ awards shine a spotlight on some of the exceptional artists that make Westchester a creative, vibrant place to live and work,” said Janet Langsam, CEO of ArtsWestchester. “We firmly believe that working artists are the lifeblood of the creative community and we want to celebrate their talent, passion and work."
Artists in any discipline who create work are eligible, including composers, choreographers, filmmakers, writers and visual artists. Nominees must also:
- Live or maintain a studio in Westchester or have close and continuing affiliations with Westchester-based cultural organizations or educational institutions, as evidenced by frequent local exhibitions, commissions, performances or readings.
- Have produced a significant body of work over the past three years.
- Have recently been recognized locally, regionally or nationally in one or more of the following ways: included in catalogues, major collections, gallery and museum exhibitions; work that has been published, recorded or performed; work that has been reviewed in significant national or regional discipline-based journals, magazines and newspapers.
After all nominations are collected, ArtsWestchester will review the nominations and contact eligible nominees directly to request work samples and other support material. An independent panel will make the final selection of honorees.
Winners will be announced in early 2015. Winners will be publicly recognized and will receive a $1,000 award. Additionally, a selection of the winners will have the opportunity to be featured in Beyond NYC: A Festival of New Work in Westchester, the signature program of ArtsWestchester’s 50th anniversary year, scheduled for spring 2015. The deadline for nominations is Friday, Sept. 19.
For more information and to upload a nomination form, visit https://artswestchester.org/50th-anniversary/.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'