NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- Three Westchester locations were named top cities to grow old out of 10 cities throughout the world on Creditdonkey.com. White Plains earned the top spot, with New Rochelle coming in sixth and Harrison as number nine.
- Westchester County has placed seven different school districts in the top 25 rankings of best public school systems, according to Niche, an education website dedicated to providing rankings and systems on school districts throughout the country.
- State police made two drunken driving arrests and issued 14 violations for speeding and unlawful cell phone use as part of a detail with the Westchester County and Greenburgh police departments on Friday.
- New Rochelle and Pelham eateries are once again gearing up to showcase seasonal, local ingredients, asHudson Valley Restaurant Week (HVRW)returns to Westchester County.
- Superintendent of Schools Brian Osborne recently began a relationship with the Huffington Post to mark the end of domesti c violence month in October.
- With assistance from State Sen. Andrea Stewart-Cousins, the New Rochelle Day Nursery School received, after an extended delay, a $12,000 state grant awarded in the 2011-12 budget year for a new boiler
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.