NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle native Jose Santana was one of 23 recipients of a scholarship given by Lighthouse Guild, a nonprofit vision and health-care organization.
Santana, a legally blind Monroe College student, was chosen from a national pool of applicants based on his outstanding academic and personal achievements.
Scholarships were awarded with accompanying grants of $10,000 each to 23 college-bound high school seniors and undergraduate college students across the country who are blind or visually impaired.
Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit vision and health-care organization that addresses the needs of blind or visually impaired people, including those with multiple disabilities or chronic medical conditions.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester