NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle native Jose Santana was one of 23 recipients of a scholarship given by Lighthouse Guild, a nonprofit vision and health-care organization.
Santana, a legally blind Monroe College student, was chosen from a national pool of applicants based on his outstanding academic and personal achievements.
Scholarships were awarded with accompanying grants of $10,000 each to 23 college-bound high school seniors and undergraduate college students across the country who are blind or visually impaired.
Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit vision and health-care organization that addresses the needs of blind or visually impaired people, including those with multiple disabilities or chronic medical conditions.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit