NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle native Jose Santana was one of 23 recipients of a scholarship given by Lighthouse Guild, a nonprofit vision and health-care organization.
Santana, a legally blind Monroe College student, was chosen from a national pool of applicants based on his outstanding academic and personal achievements.
Scholarships were awarded with accompanying grants of $10,000 each to 23 college-bound high school seniors and undergraduate college students across the country who are blind or visually impaired.
Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit vision and health-care organization that addresses the needs of blind or visually impaired people, including those with multiple disabilities or chronic medical conditions.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 4 'Out Of The Blue' Wows New Rochelle Commuters With Pop-Up Performance
- 5 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute