NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle native Jose Santana was one of 23 recipients of a scholarship given by Lighthouse Guild, a nonprofit vision and health-care organization.
Santana, a legally blind Monroe College student, was chosen from a national pool of applicants based on his outstanding academic and personal achievements.
Scholarships were awarded with accompanying grants of $10,000 each to 23 college-bound high school seniors and undergraduate college students across the country who are blind or visually impaired.
Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit vision and health-care organization that addresses the needs of blind or visually impaired people, including those with multiple disabilities or chronic medical conditions.
- 1 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle