NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – that financer Adrian Iselin and his family selected New Rochelle as their summer home in 1858?
Adrian and his children developed the farms on Davenport Neck into estates for over 40 years.
The family also owned farmland and reservoir in the northern part of the city, which would become its water system.
Iselin devoted his time to improving New Rochelle’s conditions after retiring in 1878. Part of his work included creating the first savings bank, and building a public gymnasium.
The following info came from the New Rochelle Walk of Fame.
- 1 New Rochelle Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges
- 2 New Rochelle Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In New Rochelle
- 4 Port Chester Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Empire City Casino Jackpot
- 5 Several Accidents Reported On Slick Westchester Roadways