NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The New Rochelle Public Library easily saw its budget passed on Tuesday, with more than 1,500 voters approving the proposed $4.6 million budget.
The “yes” votes easily outpaced the “no votes,” 1,665-615, as the budget overwhelmingly passed. Haina Just-Michael and Emery McClennen Schweig, running unopposed, were unofficially named as new library trustees.
The $4,503,500 budget represents a budget-to-budget increase of 2.3 percent, which translates to a $6.08 uptick per household for the “average” taxpayer. The increase is below the state property tax cap.
The complete budget can be found here. Follow Daily Voice for comment from library officials.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit