NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The New Rochelle Public Library easily saw its budget passed on Tuesday, with more than 1,500 voters approving the proposed $4.6 million budget.
The “yes” votes easily outpaced the “no votes,” 1,665-615, as the budget overwhelmingly passed. Haina Just-Michael and Emery McClennen Schweig, running unopposed, were unofficially named as new library trustees.
The $4,503,500 budget represents a budget-to-budget increase of 2.3 percent, which translates to a $6.08 uptick per household for the “average” taxpayer. The increase is below the state property tax cap.
The complete budget can be found here. Follow Daily Voice for comment from library officials.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison