NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The New Rochelle Public Library easily saw its budget passed on Tuesday, with more than 1,500 voters approving the proposed $4.6 million budget.
The “yes” votes easily outpaced the “no votes,” 1,665-615, as the budget overwhelmingly passed. Haina Just-Michael and Emery McClennen Schweig, running unopposed, were unofficially named as new library trustees.
The $4,503,500 budget represents a budget-to-budget increase of 2.3 percent, which translates to a $6.08 uptick per household for the “average” taxpayer. The increase is below the state property tax cap.
The complete budget can be found here. Follow Daily Voice for comment from library officials.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 New Rochelle City Council Expected To Approve Demolition Of Rowing Club
- 3 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 4 One Suspect Arrested, Two On The Loose In New Rochelle Robbery
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates