NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The New Rochelle Public Library easily saw its budget passed on Tuesday, with more than 1,500 voters approving the proposed $4.6 million budget.
The “yes” votes easily outpaced the “no votes,” 1,665-615, as the budget overwhelmingly passed. Haina Just-Michael and Emery McClennen Schweig, running unopposed, were unofficially named as new library trustees.
The $4,503,500 budget represents a budget-to-budget increase of 2.3 percent, which translates to a $6.08 uptick per household for the “average” taxpayer. The increase is below the state property tax cap.
The complete budget can be found here. Follow Daily Voice for comment from library officials.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire