NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The New Rochelle Public Library easily saw its budget passed on Tuesday, with more than 1,500 voters approving the proposed $4.6 million budget.
The “yes” votes easily outpaced the “no votes,” 1,665-615, as the budget overwhelmingly passed. Haina Just-Michael and Emery McClennen Schweig, running unopposed, were unofficially named as new library trustees.
The $4,503,500 budget represents a budget-to-budget increase of 2.3 percent, which translates to a $6.08 uptick per household for the “average” taxpayer. The increase is below the state property tax cap.
The complete budget can be found here. Follow Daily Voice for comment from library officials.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 5 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots