NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- The New Rochelle Chamber of Commerce announced the selection of WVOX President David O’Shaughnessy as grand marshal of the annual New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade.
- The passenger of a car stopped by police on the Hutchinson River Parkway on Saturday, Nov, 15 was accused of throwing thousands of dollars worth of heroin out of the car window before trying to drive away, reports LoHud.com.
- The Internal Revenue Service is warning Westchester County residents to beware of a new telephone scam demanding money or bank information from taxpayers.
- New York State Police in Somers on Tuesday arrested Larisa Y. Voronina, 42, of New Rochelle at about 2:25 a.m. for driving while intoxicated.
- Even if winter-like weather has arrived in Westchester, hundreds of well-intentioned New Rochelle residents – including Mayor Noam Bramson – took a trip to the beach on Saturday, Nov. 15 to jump in the water at Glen Island Park.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.