NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A planned Super Bowl victory rally for Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice on Saturday has been rescheduled due to the anticipated snowstorm, the city said Thursday.
Due to the predicted inclement weather, the hometown victory rally for Ray Rice scheduled for Saturday was rescheduled for March 2 at 10:30 a.m. at the front steps of New Rochelle City Hall, 515 North Ave., New Rochelle
Kathy Gilwit, spokesperson for the city, said government leaders, community partners, the school district and Rice’s representatives are working together “to make this the most meaningful expression possible.”
A mix of snow and rain is likely to begin Friday morning around 3 a.m. and continue throughout the day, according to the National Weather Service. Rain and snow could be heavy at times, but less than half an inch of snow is anticipated.
Friday night into Saturday, an accumulation of five to nine inches of snow is possible in the area. Saturday the snow should slow down between 9 a.m. and noon and totally clear up by the early afternoon.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 2 New Rochelle Actor Has Detective Role In NBC Series 'Aquarius'
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says