NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – More than 500 people in New Rochelle and Pelham lost power Friday morning following the storm that hit Westchester on Thursday night.
Customers on Pelham Road were hit the hardest, with 590 customers affected by burning wires. There were also individual outages on Sickles, Lockwood, North and Echo avenues.
Con Edison spokesperson Allan Drury said that all power should be restored no later than 2 p.m. on Friday.
“The outages in Westchester are almost exclusively storm related,” he said. “We’re currently showing more than 500 in New Rochelle, 52 in Pelham Manor and 22 in the village.”
- 1 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 5 New Rochelle Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday