NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – More than 500 people in New Rochelle and Pelham lost power Friday morning following the storm that hit Westchester on Thursday night.
Customers on Pelham Road were hit the hardest, with 590 customers affected by burning wires. There were also individual outages on Sickles, Lockwood, North and Echo avenues.
Con Edison spokesperson Allan Drury said that all power should be restored no later than 2 p.m. on Friday.
“The outages in Westchester are almost exclusively storm related,” he said. “We’re currently showing more than 500 in New Rochelle, 52 in Pelham Manor and 22 in the village.”
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots