NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – More than 500 people in New Rochelle and Pelham lost power Friday morning following the storm that hit Westchester on Thursday night.
Customers on Pelham Road were hit the hardest, with 590 customers affected by burning wires. There were also individual outages on Sickles, Lockwood, North and Echo avenues.
Con Edison spokesperson Allan Drury said that all power should be restored no later than 2 p.m. on Friday.
“The outages in Westchester are almost exclusively storm related,” he said. “We’re currently showing more than 500 in New Rochelle, 52 in Pelham Manor and 22 in the village.”
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire