NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Shoppers in New Rochelle have one less worry this holiday season -- paying for parking.
The city’s annual free holiday parking program, which began Monday, allows residents to park free for two hours between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. The program runs through Dec. 31.
The free parking is at all meters and in the lots with ticket machines, the city said.
The program does not apply to the New Roc City garage, train station, or areas that require parking permits.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 New Rochelle Approves Downtown Parking Overhaul