NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- The roster for Team USA Hockey at the Sochi Olympics were announced and the New Rochelle resident, Kevin Shattenkirk, 24, a defenseman for the St. Louis Blues, made the cut.
- Near-blizzard conditions brought more than half-a-foot of snow and sub-zero temperatures to New Rochelle on Thursday night into Friday.
- New Rochelle residents will not be able to park on the alternate side of certain city streets until March 31, as the city has suspended alternate-side-of-the-street parking so workers can clean streets during the winter months.
- Police are searching for a suspect who smashed the windows of five cars in a parking lot near Montefiore Sound Shore Medical Center in New Rochelle, according to CBS New York.
- Yonkers resident and "Bronx Tale" star Lillo Brancato Jr., 37, has been released on parole after spending eight years in prison for attempted burglary, according to the N.Y. Daily News.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire