NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice pleaded not guilty on Thursday, May 1, to charges he assaulted his wife in an Atlantic City Casino in February, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice and his legal counsel also applied for a diversionary program as a first-time offender, the Baltimore Sun reported.
Rice and his then-fiance,Janay Palmer, were both arrested following the incident in February, but charges against Palmer were later dropped while the NFL Pro Bowler had his charges upgraded to third-degree aggravated assault. The couple married in March, the paper said.
If convicted, Rice could spend up to five years in prison, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit