NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice will not go to trial after being charged with knocking his fiancee -- now wife -- unconscious, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice will instead reportedly enter a "diversionary program" that includes family counseling. He also must stay out of trouble for at least a year, according to the report.
Rice's wife, Janay Palmer, reportedly wrote a letter of support for her husband to the court.
Rice could still face disciplinary action from the NFL, according to the article.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 2 New Rochelle Actor Has Detective Role In NBC Series 'Aquarius'
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says