NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice will not go to trial after being charged with knocking his fiancee -- now wife -- unconscious, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice will instead reportedly enter a "diversionary program" that includes family counseling. He also must stay out of trouble for at least a year, according to the report.
Rice's wife, Janay Palmer, reportedly wrote a letter of support for her husband to the court.
Rice could still face disciplinary action from the NFL, according to the article.
- 1 New Rochelle Millennial Runs For Library Trustee Seat
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Shakespeare Meets Taylor Swift In New Rochelle 'Pop-Up' Performance