NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice will not go to trial after being charged with knocking his fiancee -- now wife -- unconscious, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice will instead reportedly enter a "diversionary program" that includes family counseling. He also must stay out of trouble for at least a year, according to the report.
Rice's wife, Janay Palmer, reportedly wrote a letter of support for her husband to the court.
Rice could still face disciplinary action from the NFL, according to the article.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 New Rochelle Approves Downtown Parking Overhaul