NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle City Manager Charles B. Strome, III has named Mark W. Blanchard as the city's corporation counsel.
Blanchard, who will assume the post on Feb. 10, has an extensive background in municipal law, including the operations of state and local economic development agencies.
He previously served was senior counsel to the law firm of Harris Beach, in its municipal law and public finance practice groups.
Prior to joining Harris Beach, Blanchard was corporation counsel for the city of Yonkers.
He has been involved in a wide range of municipal law issues including land-use and environmental matters, civil defense litigation as well as special assignments involving labor and employment issues, code enforcement, and licensing agreements.
“Mr. Blanchard brings to the city a depth of relevant experience in the public sector, and private sector as well. We welcome him as part of our team,” Strome said in a statement.
Blanchard received his law degree from Pace University School of Law and his bachelor's degree from Lynchburg College in Virginia.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash