NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- NYPD Officer Brendan Cronin, a Yonkers resident, was arrested by Pelham police after allegedly shooting a 47-year-old New Rochelle resident six times on Tuesday night while off duty.
- A fire in a New Rochelle multifamily house early Thursday morning, May 1, left one firefighter injured and several residents displaced.
- New Rochelle Police are urging residents to lock their car doors after several vehicles were broken into and burglarized on Webster Avenue recently.
- A pair of New Rochelle parents are swapping pens for bats and office chairs for bleachers after leaving affluent positions on Wall Street to open their own baseball camp for kids in the city.
- The New Rochelle Board of Education has adopted a $245.45 million schools budget, representing a property tax levy increase of 1.41 percent for homeowners.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire