NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The New Rochelle Public Library reopened on Wednesday, one day after it was closed when a bed bug was found in the building.
On Tuesday, the library closed to allow for precautionary pest management treatment of the main library’s interior, officials said. The library announced on Wednesday that the treatment had been completed and that the pest management firm reported no evidence of bed bugs in the building.
“Pest management experts were immediately called in after one insect was found. This was not an infestation. There was no adverse impact on patrons, staff or library materials,” a statement from the library said.
According to library officials, a trained dog investigated the library on April 28 and found some bed bug activity in one desk, in a piece of furniture and in a drawer in areas off-limits to patrons. All three item were destroyed.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching