NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Public Library and Huguenot Children's Library are offering a variety of free children's programs.
The free programs are for infants, toddlers and preschool children for the winter-spring season. Participation is drop-in, on a first-come, first-served basis. The programs are made possible by the Friends of the New Rochelle Public Library and the Partnership for the Huguenot Children’s Library (HCL).
The following is a listing of the events at the libraries:
- Music and Movement with Nora Maher: for children ages 1 – 3 years. This is an fun-filled program with songs, finger plays, and movement, led by a professional musician/educator. Tuesdays, Jan. 14 through Feb. 11, from 10 to 10:30 a.m. at the Main Library and from 11:30 a.m. to noon at HCL.
- Nursery Rhyme Time: for children ages 1 – 2 years. This is a blend of stories, songs and finger plays. The Main Library, Fridays, Jan. 24 to May 23, from 9:30 9:50 a.m. HCL on Mondays, Jan. 27 through May 19, from 10:30 to 10:50 a.m.
- Toddler Time: for children age 2 years. Sessions engage children and their parent or caregiver in music and games.The Main Library, Fridays, Jan. 24 to May 23, from 10:30 to 11 a.m.. HCL on Wednesdays, Jan. 22 through May 21, from 10:30 to 11 a.m.
- 3, 4, 5’s - Stories & Crafts: for ages 3 – 5 years, These are sessions of stories, songs, and a take-home craft inspired by seasons and picture book themes. Main Library, Mondays, Jan. 27 through May 19 from 10 – 10:45 a.m., and on Thursdays, Jan. 23 through May 22 from 2 to 2:45 p.m. HCL, Tuesdays, Jan. 21 through May 20, from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. and on Thursdays, Jan. 23 through May 22, from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- Global Tales: One World, Many Voices: for children ages 3-and-a-half years and older. They can to climb aboard and travel through South America, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia. Lavanya Misra returns for more exciting adventures through books, music, games and dances of different cultures. HCL on Fridays, Jan. 10, 17, 24, 31 and Feb. 7 and 14, from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Space is limited to 15 children, and registration is required. 914- 632-8954.
- Preschool Fun & Fitness: a program for children ages 2 to 5 and their parent or grandparent. This is fun-filled hour of movement, games and healthy eating and lifestyle tips, conducted by the health & fitness team from Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital’s Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Services Registration is required. Call Ruben or Nicolas at the WIC office, 914-637-1677. Two six-week sessions. Main Library’s Meeting Room and stage. Mondays, Jan. 27, Feb. 3, 10, 24, March 3 and 10 and Mondays, March 17, 24, 31, April 7, 14 and 21. Both sessions are 1 to 2 p.m.
- Let’s Make Music: for children ages 1 to 3 years. These are half-hour sessions of fun and early socialization through music, movement and finger games, with Nora Maher. Saturdays, March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and April 5 and 12, from 10 to 10:30 a.m. at the Main Library, and from 11:30 a.m. to noon at HCL.
- Yoga Tots: for children ages 2 – 3 years. Class is taught by Susan Fried, a certified kids yoga instructor. Toddlers have fun "playing yoga," through puppets, props, songs, and games. Tuesdays, March 4, 11, 18, 25, April 1 and 8, from 9:30 to 10 a.m. at the Main Library and from 10:30 to 11 a.m. at HCL.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison