NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Garbage pickup has been cancelled for both Thursday and Friday in New Rochelle as crews focus on snow removal with the impending storm predicted to bring heavy snow, sleet and ice.
With no Monday collection as a result of the Presidents' Day holiday, the next garbage/trash pickup will be Tuesday, Feb. 18 in the north end and Wednesday, Feb. 19 in the south end.
To facilitate snow plowing, residents should relocate cars off street where possible and not throw snow back into roadways when shoveling out.
Residents are also reminded to assist the fire department by clearing fire hydrants near home or business.
In the case of power outages, please call Con Edison directly at 1-800-75-CON ED.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire