NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Garbage pickup has been cancelled for both Thursday and Friday in New Rochelle as crews focus on snow removal with the impending storm predicted to bring heavy snow, sleet and ice.
With no Monday collection as a result of the Presidents' Day holiday, the next garbage/trash pickup will be Tuesday, Feb. 18 in the north end and Wednesday, Feb. 19 in the south end.
To facilitate snow plowing, residents should relocate cars off street where possible and not throw snow back into roadways when shoveling out.
Residents are also reminded to assist the fire department by clearing fire hydrants near home or business.
In the case of power outages, please call Con Edison directly at 1-800-75-CON ED.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola