NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Garbage pickup has been cancelled for both Thursday and Friday in New Rochelle as crews focus on snow removal with the impending storm predicted to bring heavy snow, sleet and ice.
With no Monday collection as a result of the Presidents' Day holiday, the next garbage/trash pickup will be Tuesday, Feb. 18 in the north end and Wednesday, Feb. 19 in the south end.
To facilitate snow plowing, residents should relocate cars off street where possible and not throw snow back into roadways when shoveling out.
Residents are also reminded to assist the fire department by clearing fire hydrants near home or business.
In the case of power outages, please call Con Edison directly at 1-800-75-CON ED.
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway