NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- A fire in New Rochelle forced five adults and an infant from their home. More than 24 firefighters battled the blaze for more than 90 minutes before getting it under control, News 12 Westchester reported.
- Gregory McCarthy, a New Castle teen who went missing on Monday morning, was found safe. McCarthy's discovery was confirmed by New Castle Police Sgt. Heather Rudisill.
- State Sen. Thomas W. Libous was indicted in federal court in White Plains on charges of lying to federal agents, according to The New York Times.
- The New York Times ran a glowing review, written by Westchester critic Alice Gabriel, that praised the Monroe College student-run restaurant, the Dining Lab.
- Project SEARCH, in partnership with Montefiore Medical Center and United Hebrew Home, provides opportunities for young adults with developmental disabilities to learn skills necessary to join the workforce and create a bright future.