NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will open a new exhibit on Tuesday that features the works of artists from New Rochelle’s sister city La Rochelle, France.
The exhibit – titled “Bleue City – La Ville Bleue” – is part of New Rochelle’s 325th Anniversary and was done in collaboration with the New Rochelle Sister City Committee. It will run from June 4 until Aug. 31.
The artwork is by two young artists from La Rochelle whose art represents “a photo/illustration ‘community creation’ composed of many neighborhoods in European and Asian communities, including La Rochelle and now, New Rochelle, as their first western hemisphere community.”
The featured artists are Carole Sionnet, a photographer and film director, and Pier Gajewski, an illustrator and comic author
The New Rochelle Council on the Arts' Rotunda Gallery is located at New Rochelle City Hall, 515 North Ave., New Rochelle.
- 1 New Rochelle Millennial Runs For Library Trustee Seat
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed