NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle City Council members honored Stamford, Conn., firefighters Tuesday for their response to a summer boating accident in which New Rochelle firefighter Keith Morris died.
Stamford firefighters and other responders rescued Morris' brother Drew and three of his friends from a capsized boat in Stamford Harbor on July 22. Morris, who was piloting the boat, drowned in the accident.
Stamford Fire and Rescue divers found two of the passengers in an air pocket under the capsized boat. The two other passengers were thrown from the boat and were rescued in the open water by responders from Oyster Bay on Long Island.
The body of Morris, 30, was found the next day under about 15 feet of water in the harbor.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Rochelle