NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Pothole repairs in New Rochelle are underway and city officials are asking for the public to help spot the worst potholes needing repair.
"This winter’s unusually severe freeze-thaw cycle has been excessively harsh to roadways around the region and in the City of New Rochelle," city officials said in a release. "The Bureau of Streets and Highways has begun pothole repair as conditions permit."
City officials are asking residents to assist with pothole location and reporting by calling the 24-hour information phone line at 914-235-4029 or designated email firstname.lastname@example.org until April 30. The lines are for information only and personal replies will not be given.
When reporting a pothole, residents are asked to provide detailed information including street name with closest intersection, direction of traffic flow and hole location in the street or traffic lane. Pothole repairs are prioritized by severity and location, so those on main arteries will receive higher priority, officials said. Photos can also be sent by email.
- 1 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 2 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Rochelle
- 4 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M
- 5 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers