NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Pothole repairs in New Rochelle are underway and city officials are asking for the public to help spot the worst potholes needing repair.
"This winter’s unusually severe freeze-thaw cycle has been excessively harsh to roadways around the region and in the City of New Rochelle," city officials said in a release. "The Bureau of Streets and Highways has begun pothole repair as conditions permit."
City officials are asking residents to assist with pothole location and reporting by calling the 24-hour information phone line at 914-235-4029 or designated email email@example.com until April 30. The lines are for information only and personal replies will not be given.
When reporting a pothole, residents are asked to provide detailed information including street name with closest intersection, direction of traffic flow and hole location in the street or traffic lane. Pothole repairs are prioritized by severity and location, so those on main arteries will receive higher priority, officials said. Photos can also be sent by email.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 5 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul