NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle’s New Roc City was bustling Thursday with families out to entertain their children during the holiday break from school.
“We have family in from out of town, so we’re keeping those people entertained, as well, with the kids, bringing them out to eat, doing stuff like this,” said Vanessa Cerino, who was there with her three children, ages 2, 5, and 6. “At New Roc there’s always something to do. It caters to all the ages.”
Joe Miller, the New Roc City general manager, said that whenever children are out of school, things get very busy. “Our bowling alley, our miniature golf course, our go-karts, arcade, laser tag – the families come out and this is what they’re looking to do.”
Cerino and her family had lunch at Applebee’s and then planned to play mini-golf, go to a movie, and finally head home again to play with Christmas toys.
“Unfortunately, the weather’s not helping as far as doing outside activities,” she said. “So we’re doing as much as we can to keep them busy indoors.”
On Monday, New Roc City will hold its Ring in the New Year event for kids. Children 10 and under are invited to celebrate with a balloon drop in the lobby at noon. A pass is required and may be obtained for free online. Space is limited.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 4 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287