This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. — The southbound Sprain Brook Parkway was closed for nearly five hours in Greenburgh on Sunday after a fatal accident that occurred at approximately 1 p.m. just north of the I-287 interchange.
Motorcyclist Scott Phillips, 45, of West New York, N.J., was killed and another motorcyclist critically injured in the accident, according to LoHud.com.
The accident occurred when a motorcycle hit the back of a red Mazda, causing the car to skid and hit another motorcycle, according to a report on News 12. Speed on the part of the motorcycles was a factor in the crash, which ignited fires in both motorcycles, according to the report.
Phillips reportedly died upon impact after hitting a tree in the woods following the crash, while the driver of the car, a 30-year-old Mamaroneck resident, sustained minor injuries, according to the News 12 report.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast