NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on New Rochelle and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- A buzzer-beating layup by freshman Korina Guerra that locked up a victory over Kennedy Catholic on Monday secured the 500th career win for Ursuline School head coach Beth Wooters.
- The College of New Rochelle is set to open its main campus to high school girls for the first Connecting the Dots college and career day event on Feb. 1.
- The New Rochelle Public Library is inviting residents to an open town meeting in February to discuss how the library can improve in the future.
- Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli was arraigned on child pornography charges Thursday afternoon at the federal courthouse in White Plains.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Rochelle
- 5 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies