NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on New Rochelle and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- A buzzer-beating layup by freshman Korina Guerra that locked up a victory over Kennedy Catholic on Monday secured the 500th career win for Ursuline School head coach Beth Wooters.
- The College of New Rochelle is set to open its main campus to high school girls for the first Connecting the Dots college and career day event on Feb. 1.
- The New Rochelle Public Library is inviting residents to an open town meeting in February to discuss how the library can improve in the future.
- Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli was arraigned on child pornography charges Thursday afternoon at the federal courthouse in White Plains.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill