NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on New Rochelle and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- A buzzer-beating layup by freshman Korina Guerra that locked up a victory over Kennedy Catholic on Monday secured the 500th career win for Ursuline School head coach Beth Wooters.
- The College of New Rochelle is set to open its main campus to high school girls for the first Connecting the Dots college and career day event on Feb. 1.
- The New Rochelle Public Library is inviting residents to an open town meeting in February to discuss how the library can improve in the future.
- Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli was arraigned on child pornography charges Thursday afternoon at the federal courthouse in White Plains.
- 1 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 New Rochelle City, School Officials Discuss Shared Services
- 4 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 5 Former School Employee, Armonk Man Charged In $280K Scam