NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on New Rochelle and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- A buzzer-beating layup by freshman Korina Guerra that locked up a victory over Kennedy Catholic on Monday secured the 500th career win for Ursuline School head coach Beth Wooters.
- The College of New Rochelle is set to open its main campus to high school girls for the first Connecting the Dots college and career day event on Feb. 1.
- The New Rochelle Public Library is inviting residents to an open town meeting in February to discuss how the library can improve in the future.
- Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli was arraigned on child pornography charges Thursday afternoon at the federal courthouse in White Plains.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.