NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- The state is getting closer to providing access to medical marijuana as Gov. Andrew Cuomo and other legislative leaders announced Thursday, June 19, they’ve come to an agreement on a pilot program to offer marijuana for medicinal purposes, according to The New York Times.
- Zhaundu Bradley, the missing 9-year-old boy, who prompted analert that included Westchester and had last been seen Tuesday on East 111 St., was found safe, according to reports.
- New Rochelle residents plan to don their finest red, white and blue for the next few weeks, and the USA got off to a great start in the World Cup by defeating Ghana, 2-1.
- Signature Bank raised its capital by $257.2 million by completing a public offering of 2.1 million shares of common stock, reports Westchester County Business Journal.
- The New Rochelle Opera Company kicked off its 29th season with the production of Gaetano Donizetti’s "L’Elisir d’Amore" at the Frank J. Auriana Theatre at the Usuline School.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul
- 5 Former NBA, Knicks Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48