NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- The state is getting closer to providing access to medical marijuana as Gov. Andrew Cuomo and other legislative leaders announced Thursday, June 19, they’ve come to an agreement on a pilot program to offer marijuana for medicinal purposes, according to The New York Times.
- Zhaundu Bradley, the missing 9-year-old boy , who prompted analert that included Westchester and had last been seen Tuesday on East 111 St., was found safe, according to reports.
- New Rochelle residents plan to don their finest red, white and blue for the next few weeks, and the USA got off to a great start in the World Cup by defeating Ghana, 2-1.
- Signature Bank raised its capital by $257.2 million by completing a public offering of 2.1 million shares of common stock, reports Westchester County Business Journal.
- The New Rochelle Opera Company kicked off its 29th season with the production of Gaetano Donizetti’s "L’Elisir d’Amore" at the Frank J. Auriana Theatre at the Usuline School.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.