NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- Some aspiring big leaguers got a special treat on Monday, Aug. 4, as future Hall of Famer Mariano Rivera visited City Park Field in New Rochelle to offer some free advice at A-Game Sports’ inaugural baseball camp.
- A two-car collision at the Interstate-95 southbound exit for 287 in the City of Rye ejected both occupants of a military truck, which flipped on its head, and killed the passenger Thursday morning, state police said.
- The Westchester County Department of Health has learned that a mosquito batch has tested positive for West Nile Virus in Westchester for the first time this year.
- New York is ranked 20th in the nation for school systems quality by personal finance social network WalletHub in a survey released Monday.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire