NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- New Rochelle motorists are going to have to exercise a little more caution when approaching yellow lights in the city after Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation to install red light traffic cameras at intersections.
- Though grieving, Harry Devert's mother, Ann Devert of New Rochelle , remains grateful her son lived his brief life to the fullest.
- Westchester County Police have identified the victim who died early Wednesday when his car left the Saw Mill River Parkway at the Ardsley exit ramp, crashed through a railing and plunged about 30 feet to the ground below.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency has disbursed more than $1 million in Hurricane Sandy relief funds to New Rochelle for the second time in a week, according to LoHud.com.
- Despite public outcry, Adolpho Birch, NFL senior vice president of labor policy, said he felt the two-game suspension issued to New Rochelle native Ray Rice of the Baltimore Ravens for a physical altercation with his now-wife was "appropriate," according to CBS Sports.