NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle’s Sound Shore Medical Center will be purchased as part of a $58 million private sale to the Montefiore health system, the Journal News reported.
Judge Robert D. Drain of the Federal Bankruptcy court ordered the sale on Friday morning, after accepting Sound Shore’s arguments that an auction was unnecessary because of Sound Shore’s previous year-long search for a buyer, the paper reported.
The transaction is expected to take place in October, according to the report.
Around 2,000 people were laid off last month by Sound Shore.
The medical center's attorney, Burton Weston, told the paper that Montefiore will offer employment to many of Sound Shore Medical Center and Mount Vernon Hospital employees.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York