NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- Baltimore Ravens running back and New Rochelle native Ray Rice has been indicted on aggravated assault charges stemming from an incident in New Jersey in February when he allegedly hit his fiancee.
- The Hallen School in New Rochelle was forced to evacuate students and cancel classes for the day Wednesday after a malfunctioning heating unit emitted low levels of carbon monoxide.
- College of New Rochelle junior forward Jah-Leah Ellis was recently named the Association of Division III Independents Women's Basketball Player of the Year.
- The New Rochelle Sixth Grade Jr. Huguenot boys basketball team secured both the A and B championships of the Tri-County Basketball League recently.
- New York State Police charged a New Rochelle man with aggravated driving while intoxicated on Interstate 684 in North Castle on Sunday, March 16, police officials said.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 4 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 5 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week