NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- Dessert Professional magazine has named Monroe College pastry instructor Ebow Dadzie a top 10 pastry chef in America. Dadzie was honored for his achievement at the magazine’s 21st annual Top Ten Pastry Chefs in America Awards.
- MoneyRates.com released its list of best and worst states to make a living, and New York didn’t fare so well, ranking in the top five worst.
- The New York state Division of Criminal Justice Services issued a missing vulnerable adult alert for an area that includes Westchester County on Monday, June 9.
- New Rochelle native Jose Santana was one of 23 recipients of a scholarship given by Lighthouse Guild, a nonprofit vision and health care organization.
- New Superintendent of Schools Brian Osborne will be on hand to meet and greet parents next week at a welcome reception honoring his appointment as he continues his transition from New Jersey to New Rochelle.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit