NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- A corrections officer from New Rochelle, Lea Vasquez, 28, was charged with grand larceny after her arrest on Aug. 5 after she was accused of filing a false worker’s compensation claim, according to the New York State Police.
- The success or failure in developing New Rochelle's Heritage Homes will affect hundreds of families who had been promised they would have a place to live.
- Westchester residents are joining celebrities like Justin Timberlake, Matt Lauer, Martha Stewart and Kennedy family members who have taken the Ice Bucket Challenge that's helped raise $2.3 million for the national ALS Association since July 29.
- A&E's newest program, "Cement Heads," is a reality show that follows WJL Equities, a family owned construction company based in Eastchester. It will be telecast on Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m.
- Lisa Bonalle, a resident of New Rochelle, will serve on Providence College’s National Alumni Association board of governors for 2014-15.
- Iona College men's basketball head coach Tim Cluess recently announced the appointment of Douglas Leichner as assistant coach for the 2014-15 season.
- 1 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 2 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit