NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- A corrections officer from New Rochelle, Lea Vasquez, 28, was charged with grand larceny after her arrest on Aug. 5 after she was accused of filing a false worker’s compensation claim, according to the New York State Police.
- The success or failure in developing New Rochelle's Heritage Homes will affect hundreds of families who had been promised they would have a place to live.
- Westchester residents are joining celebrities like Justin Timberlake, Matt Lauer, Martha Stewart and Kennedy family members who have taken the Ice Bucket Challenge that's helped raise $2.3 million for the national ALS Association since July 29.
- A&E's newest program, "Cement Heads," is a reality show that follows WJL Equities, a family owned construction company based in Eastchester. It will be telecast on Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m.
- Lisa Bonalle, a resident of New Rochelle, will serve on Providence College’s National Alumni Association board of governors for 2014-15.
- Iona College men's basketball head coach Tim Cluess recently announced the appointment of Douglas Leichner as assistant coach for the 2014-15 season.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 New Rochelle City Council Expected To Approve Demolition Of Rowing Club
- 3 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 4 One Suspect Arrested, Two On The Loose In New Rochelle Robbery
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates