NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – If you need help filing your taxes this year, free professional assistance is available at the New Rochelle Public Library through AARP.
The Tax Counseling for the Elderly program and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program will be offered beginning Tuesday, Feb. 5. Trained AARP volunteer counselors will be at the library every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. through April 11.
The sessions will be held in the community gallery on the first floor of the library. Tax filers can meet with an advisor on a first-come, first-served basis.
Filers should bring copies of their 2012 tax returns and whatever other tax-related materials are needed to complete their returns for e-filing.
Tax forms will be available for pickup at the library beginning Thursday. A full selection of forms for federal and state returns will be available on the third floor. Patrons are asked to take no more than two copies of any form. Reproducible forms are available to be photocopied.
The New Rochelle Public Library is located at 1 Library Plaza.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 New Rochelle Native Brings '80s Pop Band To The Capitol
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'