NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Iona College in New Rochelle was put under lockdown Saturday after a caller claimed he was on campus with an assault rifle, according to multiple reports.
The threat was called to Yonkers Police and occurred while hundreds of teenagers were in attendance at a video game event on campus, according to News 12 Westchester.
After a search by multiple police departments, an all clear was given shortly after 1 p.m.
Police are continuing to investigate the hoax, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash