NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- The search for former New Rochelle resident and world traveler Harry Devert, who went missing in Mexico in January, ended on a tragic note Saturday after he was confirmed dead by his family.
- Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced that Guillermmo Merino, 39, of New Rochelle was arraigned on a felony complaint of sexual abuse.
- Silver Hill Hospital has announced the re-election of four board officers. Co-chairs Ward Cleary of Darien, Conn., and Deann Murphy of New Rochelle, N.Y.; Secretary Sperry DeCew of New Canaan, Conn.; and Treasurer Peter Orthwein of Greenwich, Conn., will reclaim their roles.
- Saddled with the unenviable task of trying to replace an iconic New Rochelle locale, the Rochelle Coffee Shop has assumed the location that once housed Donut World, and the new store is quickly earning public adoration.
- Swimmers and divers from all over Westchester will compete for top honors during the 89th annual Westchester County Swimming and Diving Championships, which will take place throughout July.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle