NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- A 40-year-old man was struck and killed by a Metro-North train near New Rochelle on Monday, July 21, in what authorities believe to be an apparent suicide, according to LoHud.com.
- The former Eastchester police officer who has spent three years in prison for killing a New Rochelle man in 2009, has been denied parole by the state Parole Board .
- New Rochelle native and former Section 1 standout Ray Rice was suspended for the first two games of the NFL season because of a domestic incident between Rice and his now-wife in an Atlantic City casino in February, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- A New Rochelle native is facing 15 years in prison after being arraigned Monday, July 21, on a 12-count indictment that includes four felonies.
- A New Rochelle woman and her child were able to escape from their burning home unharmed on Saturday, July 19, according to LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.