NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- A 40-year-old man was struck and killed by a Metro-North train near New Rochelle on Monday, July 21, in what authorities believe to be an apparent suicide, according to LoHud.com.
- The former Eastchester police officer who has spent three years in prison for killing a New Rochelle man in 2009, has been denied parole by the state Parole Board.
- New Rochelle native and former Section 1 standout Ray Rice was suspended for the first two games of the NFL season because of a domestic incident between Rice and his now-wife in an Atlantic City casino in February, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- A New Rochelle native is facing 15 years in prison after being arraigned Monday, July 21, on a 12-count indictment that includes four felonies.
- A New Rochelle woman and her child were able to escape from their burning home unharmed on Saturday, July 19, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester