WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday afternoon that stretches of Interstate 84 and Interstate 87 will be closed starting at midnight in anticipation of the snowstorm sweeping through the region picking up in intensity.
Cuomo declared a State of Emergency as the storm is expected to affect the entire state.
"Mother Nature is starting the new year showing us who's really in charge," Cuomo said.
I-84 will be closed from the Pennsylvania state line to the Connecticut state line. I-87 will be closed south of Albany. Cuomo also announced I-84 from the Pennsylvania state line to the Connecticut state line will be closed to commercial truck traffic beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Cuomo urged New Yorkers to avoid traveling and stay inside their homes until the worst of the storm has passed.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 5 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul