WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday afternoon that stretches of Interstate 84 and Interstate 87 will be closed starting at midnight in anticipation of the snowstorm sweeping through the region picking up in intensity.
Cuomo declared a State of Emergency as the storm is expected to affect the entire state.
"Mother Nature is starting the new year showing us who's really in charge," Cuomo said.
I-84 will be closed from the Pennsylvania state line to the Connecticut state line. I-87 will be closed south of Albany. Cuomo also announced I-84 from the Pennsylvania state line to the Connecticut state line will be closed to commercial truck traffic beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Cuomo urged New Yorkers to avoid traveling and stay inside their homes until the worst of the storm has passed.
- 1 New Rochelle House To Be Featured On HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- 2 Pelham Jumper Alive, But In Critical Condition
- 3 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 4 Vision For New Rochelle Redevelopment Continues To Take Shape
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests